- The modular mini PLC system for the low and mid-performance ranges
- With comprehensive range of modules for optimum adaptation to the automation task
- Flexible use through simple implementation of distributed structures and versatile networking
- User-friendly handling and uncomplicated design without a fan
- Can be expanded without problems when the tasks increase
- High performance thanks to a range of integrated functions
- Fail-safe automation system for plants with increased safety requirements for production technology
- Based on S7-300
- Additional ET 200S and ET 200M distributed I/O devices complete with safety-related modules can be connected
- Safety-related communication via PROFIBUS DP with PROFIsafe profile
- Standard modules can be used in addition for non-safety-oriented applications
As part of our established product portfolio, the SIMATIC S7-300/ET 200M system families will generally be available until 2023.
Following the product phase-out declaration, products will be available as spare parts for another ten years.
SIMATIC S7-300 is the mini PLC system for the lower and medium performance ranges.
The modular and fan-free design, simple implementation of distributed structures, and convenient handling make the SIMATIC S7-300 the cost-effective and user-friendly solution for the most diverse tasks in the low-end and mid performance ranges.
Application areas of the SIMATIC S7-300 include:
- Special machinery
- Textile machines
- Packaging machinery
- General mechanical equipment manufacture
- Controller building
- Machine tool manufacture
- Installation systems
- Electrical/electronics industry and the skilled trades
Several performance-graded CPUs and a comprehensive range of modules with a host of user-friendly functions allow you to use only those modules necessary for your application. In the case of task expansions, the controller can be upgraded at any time by means of additional modules.
SIMATIC S7-300 can be used universally:
Maximum suitability for industry thanks to high electromagnetic compatibility and high resistance to shock and vibration.
The SIMATIC S7-300F fail-safe automation system is used in plants with increased safety requirements. It controls processes where immediate shutdown presents no danger to personnel or the environment.
S7-300F complies with the following safety requirements:
- Requirement class AK 1 to AK 6 in accordance with DIN V 19250/DIN V VDE 0801
- Safety requirement class SIL 1 to SIL 3 in accordance with IEC 61508
- Category 1 to 4 in accordance with EN 954-1
Additionally, standard modules may also be used in S7-300F alongside the fail-safe modules. This makes it possible to establish a fully integrated control system for a plant where non-safety related tasks and safety-related tasks co-exist. The overall plant is configured and programmed with the same standard tools.